Nobody likes to fall ill. Although falling sick may be inevitable, you can prevent yourself from falling sick.
Cough and cold are two of the most common health conditions and millions of people contact cough or catch a cold on a regular basis.
Here are a few tips for avoiding cough and cold.
Coughing is a reflex which helps clear the respiratory tracts of irritants.
This happens with a forceful expulsion of the lungs when nerves in the airways become stimulated by allergens or other factors.
Colds are extremely contagious and can spread from person to person through contamination of surfaces by a carrier, coughing, and sneezing.
Some people are more susceptible to cold than others.
Over 200 different viruses have been identified to cause cold. They include a respiratory syncytial virus, rhinovirus, coronavirus, influenza, etc.
TIPS FOR AVOIDING COLD
- Wash Your Hands
Cold and flu viruses spread very easily. Someone who has a cold or flu may sneeze in their hands and touch an object thereby introducing germs on the object. Another healthy person may touch the same object and fall sick. This is why it is advisable to wash your hands often with soap and hand sanitizer.
- Don’t use your hands to cover your Sneezes and Coughs
You should try as much as you can to curtail the germs and viruses from spreading. Use a handkerchief or tissues to sneeze and then dispose of it properly. It is even better to use the inside of your elbow than your hands when you want to cough or sneeze.
- Do not touch your face
This is because cold and flu enter the body through the eyes, nose, and mouth, it is not advisable to touch your face when you catch a cold or flu.
- Exercise Regularly
Aerobic exercise is important in this case. It helps pump enough blood into the heart and also helps to boost the body’s immune system.
- Eat Foods Containing Phytochemicals
The natural chemicals in plants boosts the vitamins present in food. Make sure you eat vegetables and fruits more often.
- Avoid Smoking
It has been found that people who smoke heavily are prone to severe and recurring colds. Smoke or smoking keeps the nasal passages dry, affecting the cilia which help in sweeping off cold and flu viruses. Just one cigarette can prevent the actions of the cilia for about 40 minutes.
TIPS FOR AVOIDING COUGH
- Drink a lot of water to stay hydrated.
- Take hot showers. And if necessary place your face close to a bowl of warm water and inhale the steam it will give out. People who have asthma should not do this as the steam may worsen the symptoms.
- Use a humidifier to allow mucus out of the nasal passages.
- Do not use cough drops for young children as the cough drops can cause irritation in the throat.
- If it is necessary to alleviate your head with pillows while sleeping, use them.
- Avoid smoking and smokes.
- Gargling salt water can help clear mucus from the throat.
- Avoid dust, pollen, and other irritants.
- Drink ginger tea; it soothes throat inflammation.
- Take medicines for cough and cold when symptoms persist.
For Hurix’s complete flu and cold series, visit: https://www.hurixs.com.my/onlinestore/en/13-flu-cold-series
This Is A Traditional Product Advertisement KKLIU 1326/2019
此为传统药物广告 KKLIU 1326/2019